Children's Sacred Chorus
The Music Ministry at First Presbyterian Church, Fort Collins is excited to announce the second year of Children’s Sacred Chorus, an outreach initiative to the children of our church and the community.
The Children’s Sacred Chorus:
- Is open to all children in 2nd–5th grades
- Will instill a love and appreciation of sacred choral music
- Rehearsals will include hymns and sacred choral music, singing techniques, and basic music principles of rhythm and notes
- There is no cost: music and t-shirts will be provided to each child
- Attendance is required at all rehearsals
- The Children’s Sacred Chorus will be asked to sing at one worship service at First Presbyterian Church
- There will be a concluding concert at a venue to be determined
Children's Sacred Chorus will begin rehearsals again in the fall. Stay tuned for more information.
The Chorus is under the direction of Mrs. Alyssa M. Johnson. Mrs. Johnson has a Bachelor of Science in Vocal Performance degree from the University of Colorado at Denver, and a Master of Music Education degree from Mansfield University in Pennsylvania. She has nearly 20 years of experience directing children’s choirs and as a music educator. Currently, Mrs. Johnson teaches General Music and Choir at Zach Elementary in Fort Collins. She is passionate about helping children develop their singing voice, love of music and love
For more information, contact Alyssa Johnson, (970)482-6107.