Small Groups and Classes
Since each of us is moving on a continuum of faith – from curious and cautious to totally in love with our Creator and the new life given through Christ – there are different small groups to meet different needs. The main question to ask is: what type of small group would motivate me to rearrange my schedule?
Do you need:
- Encouragement from others who are in a similar life stage?
- Deeper Christian friendships that provide accountability?
- Support through a life transition or difficult season of life?
- People who will encourage you to live out your faith at work?
- A group with whom to pray and play?
To find a small group that is right for you, call our church office to arrange a connection conversation to help you find a great small group fit, (970) 482-6107.
Gifted in Leadership? Small group leader positions are open to all church members who have the gift of leadership and a passion for serving as a small group facilitator. If this is a place where you’d like to serve, please contact Mary Krings, Center Leader for Discipleship and Spiritual Formation.
First Presbyterian Church is committed to cultivating a Christ-centered community in which we come together to better know God's truth and show God's love. We are committed to providing opportunities for adults of all ages to discover and experience deeper heart and mind knowledge of the Word of God in Jesus Christ, the Holy Scriptures and the unique theology of the Reformed tradition, and the relevance of faithful discipleship in today's complex world. We hope that you will feel welcome in our midst and join a class that will help you discover and connect more with God and new friends.
- Scripture for Lunch Sermon Discussion
Wednesdays, 12–1 p.m.
Please join us over a brown-bag lunch as we consider the texts that will be preached in upcoming sermons. During Lent 2017 we will discuss the Lenten small group material.
Great story-telling is at the heart of the Gospel of John. Join us during Lent as we explore the moments when five different people met Jesus Christ and were transformed during their experience. The story of our own lives will be both challenged and inspired by these powerful encounters. The following groups will use our Lenten Study Guide, "Encounters with Jesus" through Easter.
- Sundays, 10:15 a.m. facilitated by Mike and Nancy Smith, Room 209
- Sundays, 10:15 a.m. facilitated by Deanna Robertson, Room 206
- Tuesdays, 9:15 a.m. Women's Bible Study, facilitated by Pam Genson, Room 103
- Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. facilitated by Sara Hunt, Parlor
- Wednesdays, 12:00 p.m. Scripture for Lunch, facilitated by Becky Echeverria, Room 103
- Wednesdays at MX, 6:30 p.m. facilitated by Corey Nelson, Room 209
- Wednesdays at MX, 6:30 p.m. facilitated by MOPS, Room 206
- Wednesdays at MX, 6:30 p.m. facilitated by Joyce Knapp and Camille Wissman, Choir Room
- Thursdays, 6:15 a.m. Men's Group facilitated by Don Genson, Parlor