Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." —Matthew 19:14 (NIV)
At FPC, children are a valued part of our church’s ministry, not only as recipients but as contributors as well! Each child was born to be a new experience God wants to share with the world. So whether your child visits us once or makes us their church family, we are thankful for the blessings they bring! Below are the many ways we do ministry FOR, WITH, and BY children.
Ministries FOR Kids
- Nursery: Nursery care for Infants–4-year-olds is available during the 9:00 a.m. service. All Nursery workers have been vaccinated and will wear masks. The Nursery surfaces and toys are cleaned regularly with safe products.
- Sunday School: Kids ages 4–fifth grade will meet on our playground (weather permitting) during the 9:00 service. In inclement weather, Sunday school will meet in Shepardson Hall. Please note: FPC asks that children over the age of 4 wear masks.
- Outdoor Worship: On Sundays, we offer Outdoor Worship at 11:00 a.m. This worship service is presented with those who are not yet comfortable worshiping indoors in mind. It will be a less formal service appropriate for all ages. Children are invited to Sunday school on the playground.
- Sunday School at Home: For those who are just not comfortable with in-person church or who miss a Sunday, join us for Sunday school at home—anytime. Contact Pam for a supply bag, then check out our Sunday school YouTube channel for the lesson.
- Join us on Zoom from 5:45–7:15 p.m. for virtual games and friend connections. We talk, laugh, play, and background filter our way to fun! Contact Pam for the login information.
Ministries WITH Kids
Intergenerational Community Events
At First Presbyterian, we see value in creating a welcoming, caring community for children. When a ministry opportunity arises, we ask the question, “How can we involve the children?” Throughout the year we have events specifically designed for people of all ages such as the Advent Celebration, Fall Festival, or Easter Egg Dyeing.
Ministries BY Kids
Throughout the year, there will be opportunities for your children to help someone else, inside and outside the FPC walls. We partner with several community programs. We use each opportunity to teach our children how to be helpful without being hurtful to the dignity and self-worth of those we serve.
In all of these areas, we need youth and adults who have their own unique gifts (time, talents, and presence) to offer. Pray about where God could use you in these ministries. For the safety of our children, we require that our volunteers have been a part of our community for six months, agree to a background check, and are vaccinated for COVID-19. Contact Pam for more information.