In a larger church with lots of people and lots of options, getting involved with ministry and service can be overwhelming. We want to make it easier for you! God placed gifts and desires in each individual heart, and we want to match those with a “right-fit” ministry so that your service doesn’t just bless others—it blesses you too! The following steps help our servants find their right fit for getting involved:
- Prepare you to become a part of the life and ministries of FPC, helping you discover how God has gifted you for service and involvement
- Connect you to meaningful ministries that maximize your gifts
- Equip you to grow in your ability to love and serve God, His church, and each other
First Presbyterian Church is an equipping church, a way of being and doing church together as intended by God. Our goals as an equipping church come from Ephesians 4: It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
What does an equipping church look like?
- Pastors and leaders enable church members to share in ministry
- People’s gifts, talents, and life callings are matched with areas of service
- Ministry opportunities are recognized and developed
- The culture encourages the growth of a broad array of ministries
- The pastor doesn’t have to be all things to all people
Let us help you bring joy, spiritual growth, and transformation in your life and in the lives of others:
- Take the Spiritual Gifts Assessment
- Contact our Caring, Welcome, and Involvement Center Leader, Maryrose Preston, to schedule a connection conversation and learn more about getting involved at FPC