In response to COVID-19 and out of concern for your health, all FPC experiences are online at this time. Until further notice, the church building is closed. Although we are not together in person, we will gather virtually to worship, care for and encourage one another, and to grow in faith together.
The First Presbyterian Church mental health team was developed in hopes of promoting and investing in the emotional, social, and spiritual well being of our members. We have formed to not only create an awareness of mental health but to highlight opportunities, reading, classes, etc. that might be helpful to each of you on your own personal walks through life's challenges. It is our privilege to walk on this journey with you.
Mental Health Resources
- COVID-19: How to Help Your Child Navigate This New Normal
- Practical Advice for Staying Connected During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Top 10 Resources for Mental Health Ministry
- How Should Christians Be Responding to COVID-19?
- How to Care for Your Mental Health During Coronavirus
- 5 Healthy Ways to Deal with Stress as a Christian
- Help for Christians Dealing with Stress
- Dealing With Anxiety and Depression During Coronavirus
- Pandemic and Slowdown Brings Our Emotional Health into Focus
- How to Care for Yourself While Practicing Physical Distancing
- How to Manage Your Mental Health When Feeling Stressed During COVID-19
- Making Space for the Spirit: 100 Simple Ways to Nurture Your Soul, by Kathleen Bostrom
- Healing from the Heart: A Guide to Christian Healing for Individuals and Groups, by Rochelle Graham, Flora Litt, and Wayne Irwin
- The Bible Speaks on Mental Health and Personal Growth, by Wayne Welch
- Christian Mental Health: From the Pit of Fear and Darkness to Love and Light, by John Patrick
- The Gospel of Hope, by Walter Brueggemann
- Calming Your Anxious Mind: How mindfulness and compassion can free you from anxiety, fear, and panic, by Jeffrey Brantley and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Managing Stress in Times of Uncertainty, by Leonard Moss
- Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1
There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens.
- James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Malachi 3:6
I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
- Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
- Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."