Small Groups and Classes
Since each of us is moving on a continuum of faith – from curious and cautious to totally in love with our Creator and the new life given through Christ – there are different small groups to meet different needs. The main question to ask is: what type of small group would motivate me to rearrange my schedule?
Do you need:
- Encouragement from others who are in a similar life stage?
- Deeper Christian friendships that provide accountability?
- Support through a life transition or difficult season of life?
- People who will encourage you to live out your faith at work?
- A group with whom to pray and play?
To find a small group that is right for you, call our church office to arrange a connection conversation to help you find a great small group fit, (970) 482-6107.
Gifted in Leadership? Small group leader positions are open to all church members who have the gift of leadership and a passion for serving as a small group facilitator. If this is a place where you’d like to serve, please contact Ron Sisk, Center Leader for Discipleship and Spiritual Formation.
Adult Spiritual Formation Classes
First Presbyterian Church is committed to cultivating a Christ-centered community in which we come together to better know God's truth and show God's love. We are committed to providing opportunities for adults of all ages to discover and experience deeper heart and mind knowledge of the Word of God in Jesus Christ, the Holy Scriptures and the unique theology of the Reformed tradition, and the relevance of faithful discipleship in today's complex world. We hope that you will feel welcome in our midst and join a class that will help you discover and connect more with God and new friends.
Strength for the Journey...Biblical Wisdom for Living:
Sunday Morning Adult Spiritual Formation
Sundays, 10:15–11:00 a.m.
These new Adult Christian Education classes provide a unique opportunity to strengthen our faith along with others who are seeking biblical wisdom to enrich their journey of faith.
- Revisiting Jesus’ Post-Resurrection Appearances (April 28)
led by Drs. Mike and Nancy Smith
Finding personal meaning through revisiting Jesus’s coming to be his grieving disciples following his resurrection.
- Becoming an Easter Christian (May 5)
led by Drs. Mike and Nancy Smith
Genuine Easter Christians understand that Easter Sunday is only the beginning. Let us become Easter Christians who look for and live by the power and joy of the resurrection every day.
- Finishing Well (Sundays April 28, May 5, May 19, plus Wednesday, May 15)
led by Rev. Glenn Perica and Marge Rice
This class will feature expert speakers addressing the legal, medical, financial, and personal issues and topics that many people face approaching and preparing for the end of life.
- Sunday, 4/28, Legal Issues at the End of Life, presented by Celeste Kling, Attorney
- Sunday, 5/5, Financial Issues at the End of Life, presented by Jinny DeJong
- WEDNESDAY, 5/15, 6:30 p.m., Who, What, When, Why of Hospice Care, presented by Pathways Hospice
- Sunday, 5/19, Medical Issues at the End of Life, presented by Dr. John Cawley
Throughout the Week
- Scripture for Lunch Sermon Discussion
Wednesdays, 12–1 p.m.
Please bring a brown-bag lunch and join us as we consider the texts that will be preached in upcoming sermons. This is designed to be a drop-in class.